The Expectations Project is seeking a part-time (12 hours per week) staff member to serve in a support function in business operations and administration.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to operate with keen attention to detail and will be comfortable supporting others to meet key organizational goals.
About The Expectations Project
The Expectations Project mobilizes people of faith to demand excellent public schools for Black, Brown and other marginalized children. We empower people of faith to act nationally and locally to eliminate education inequality.
The duties of the Office Assistant, who primarily reports to the Vice President of Operations, include the following:
- Managing the organization’s calendar;
- Handling the organization’s general correspondence;
- Managing the president’s calendar and travel;
- Providing project management and logistical support for TEP events and initiatives;
- Providing administrative support for advocacy department events;
- Providing occasional in-person administrative support for events;
- Providing occasional in-person support for president’s virtual and in-person speaking engagements;
- Attending to other business administration needs as required;.
We’re seeking candidates who are extremely detail-oriented, have good writing skills, good research skills, and strong project management skills. Ideal candidates have:
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
- Experience managing multiple projects and working successfully with a diverse group of individuals
Experience in assisting team leaders is strongly preferred.
Knowledge and experience working on public education issues and/or with religious communities are helpful, but not required.
Being located in Washington DC is strongly preferred, but remote work may be considered, particularly for candidates within 4 hours travel distance of DC.
Compensation is $21 to $25 per hour, depending on experience.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Brian Acker Housman at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply